I Can’t Afford To Stop Working!
What a horrible statement!! What a horrible life!!
Can’t figure it out? Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
Is that a true statement? Yes……and No……..and Maybe. Huh???
You see, debt drives our need for money. For most of us the only way to get money legally is to work. Oh, and our wants drive debt to which means we have to work. Combine these 2 and there it is!!! “I can’t afford to stop working!”
There must be a solution!!!! Who wants to live most all their life working to live. Live to work? Some people actually pursue what they enjoy doing as their life vocation. How move is that!!!! The rest of us grab the first thing we can get our hands on afterwards we chase the job that will bring us the most money and next we can’t wait for the weekend to be off from the job that’s imprisoned us. What a life!!!
Where am I going with this you ask……. To the conclusion.
We are all different. We’re different in the things we want and the things that motivate. But, what good is our lives if we just chase the money!! We say we must provide for our family John!!!
Here’s what I propose:
- Make yourself a wish list. The way you wish your life would be….leaving out the word ‘rich’. At this moment you aren’t concerned with the ‘how’.
- Set priorities. From the present reality, set up your priorities. Ignore your ‘wish list’ for the moment.
- Downsize your present reality. This is where the rubber meets the road. Lots of hard decisions here. Trade in the Escalade time and get a Pontiac or whatever you can with little or no debt. Clear up those credit cards…..they are terrible!!! Get those balances paid off!! You can google payment methods that will help you win. Just get started downsizing every aspect of your life.
- As you’re downsizing begin to focus on your ‘wish list’. Really eat, sleep and dream this list. It’s your new reality in waiting. You are required to give it life.
- Don’t give up! If you put an action plan together, don’t stop. You will eventually have what you wish for, it’s just a matter of time. The more focused you are, and the more efficient you are, the quicker you arrive.
Too simple for your huge complex situation……have no fear this simple solution will unravel the complexity of most any situation.
Life doesn’t have to be “I Can’t Afford To Stop Working”.
This is me right now…..I’m living this. Without the escalade….hehehehe
Peace, Love, and Beaches,